I was kindly nominated for my first Liebster award by The Stories In Between. Please check out this kind stranger’s blog for poetry, short stories, and the living narratives like Thursdays in the Valley.
What’s the Liebster Award?:
It’s an award in which bloggers nominate other bloggers for showing respect to their works and their dedication. It’s an appreciation and recognition for all the fellow bloggers out there in the blogosphere.
Rules For Accepting It:
- Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you , write about their blog too.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Nominate 5 to 10 blogs which you feel deserve it.
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
“Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.”
Questions from The Stories In Between:
1. What hobby would you get in to if time and money weren’t an issue?
In addition to reading and writing, I’ve always been interested in streaming or video-based content. I would love to start some sort of twitch stream or youtube channel.
2. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
No questions at all. People tend to operate on pre-conceived bias when they interact with me. The most annoying thing they do is not ask me questions and instead assume they already know all they need to know about me.
3. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
Every book I’ve never read.
4. Do you have a dream job? What would it be?
In my non-blogging career, I’m a tech analyst for a data and support center. It’s practically my dream job already. It offers me so many opportunities for growth. My only complaint is that I don’t get to work hands on with people often enough.
5. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
Do no harm to yourself or other lifeforms. Otherwise, anything goes.
6. If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
I would call my 13 year old self and tell her that she can transition back then without fear of losing her family. I’d tell her to have courage and do it then and there. I’d tell her she’s going to waste her life being afraid of losing people who are going to accept her when she finally tells them.
7. What do you do to deal with stress?
Internet trolling :^)
8. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
Two cats! Matilda and Malora:
9. What is something that is really popular/cool right now that really annoys you?
Having an opinion on everything and never being willing to say, “I don’t have a well-informed opinion on this topic.”
10. Do you have a favorite book/story from your childhood?
Many! If I must give the title to a single book/story, I would give it to Charlotte’s Web.
My nominees are:
My questions for you are:
- What is your favorite color and what does it mean to you?
- What prompted you to start blogging and/or writing?
- What was the most significant journey you’ve been through?
- Who or what is your greatest adversary?
- If you could conceptualize yourself as anything other than a human being, what would you be?
- How would you describe your safe space? If you don’t have one, what do you imagine it might be like?
- What is your favorite website?
- What type of media resonates most with you?
- Do you have any background/education/experience you feel benefits your blog?
- On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest) how would you rate your ability to empathize?